Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The things we do.

It's a little bit funny...this feeling inside....

Okay, forgetting about cheesy song lyrics for a moment, the lines sorta ring true this week for me. I am done with finals and I was pretty sure I'd spend the week catching up on chores that I had fogotten or ignored due to the stress that comes with trying to maintain a 4.0 grade average. I wont remark on the fact that my pride is the only person my GPA affects, that's for another day entirely.

What I will say is I have continued to ignore the chores in place of a new and crazy passion...MEssage Board Role Playing.

For those of you who don't know Message Board RP's are a group of people who write as characters and sorta develop a story between them. Most of them have themese and rules and all of that crapulence but I wont go into to much detail for fear of being boring.

In a little over a week over 300 posts have happened in the setting I am playing in. I am pretty sure I have spent more time in a fantasy world than a real one...and I'm sort of okay with that. I've spent the past couple weeks pretending to be a hero who wants to save the world in the best way possible.

Let's face it...there are worse things I could pretend.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be utterly obsessed with message board RPing... There was a point in time where I spent mass portions of my time doing nothing but deconstructing settings with unusual characters. I can relate to that obsession, trust me.

    ReplyDelete